AgroInsurance experts have successfully delivered consulting services on development of a National Agricultural Insurance Model in Georgia. Experts also elaborated practical advice for amendment of an existing legislative framework in the country.
Project: Development of a National Agroinsurance Scheme (NAGIS) and respectful legislative framework
Duration: 04/2014 – 05/2014
Client: Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC)
Consultant(s): Ian Shynkarenko (CEO), AgroInsurance International LLC.
Work in a focus group with insurers, parliamentary committee members, insurance associations and donors to formulate the basic structure of a national agricultural insurance “champion” organization assigned to lead the market operations.
- Services in facilitating:
- Brainstorming sessions with market stakeholders
- Discussions of market stakeholders’ roles
- Elaboration of market-oriented option on the envisioned scheme
- Interviews and individual/group discussions on each point of the PPP Model Agenda
- Summarize the agreed points into a project report
- Produce a suggested model (NAGIS) for its further facilitation and development on the market
- Provide advice on legislative changes necessary for a successful functioning of the future system