In the last few years there has been a fast growth in the amount of Earth observation (EO) data acquired from space. Earth observation (EO) provides various possibilities to support business processes of the agro-insurance industry. However, there seems to be a major gap between the perceived potential and the actual application of available EO capabilities by the agro-insurance sector. The Earth Observation Best Practice for Agro-Insurance (EO4I) project, initiated by the European Space Agency (ESA), builds on this bottleneck to fully exploit the opportunities EO offers for the agro-insurance sector. To go to the next step, a dedicated workshop on future EO-based insurance solutions is organized to progress from the best practice to practice. The two EO companies GeoVille and VITO together with the champion users from the agro-insurance sector are working closely together to find out more about the needs and challenges of the agro-insurance’s sector and how these might be addressed with the current and future EO capabilities. The results of these discussions and workshops will be presented during the third workshop. We are delighted to invite you on behalf of the project consortium to participate in this workshop. This workshop takes place virtually on April 28 and 29, 2021 and is divided into two morning sessions. In this workshop the capabilities and gaps will be aligned with possible future insurance solutions providing higher integration of the EO services into the agricultural insurance operations. The Project Team will extract the full potential of EO for the agro-insurance sector in dedicated presentations and following discussions . Register online (link) for the workshop before Thursday, April 14, 2021. Agenda: Wednesday, 28 April 2021, 9 – 12 a.m. CET | Connecting EO services and products to future insurance solutions.
- Challenges & Requirements of the agro-insurance sector
- Technological push by Covid-19 pandemic?
- Discussion: additional requirements?
- Current and future EO capabilities
- Discussion: From Best Practice to Practice
Thursday, 29 April 2021, 9 – 12 a.m. CET | Earth Observation for Agro-Insurance – From Best Practice to Practice
- Workshop: Enhancement of existing insurance products / creating new insurance products / future insurance solutions – e.g. pick a primary/re insurer use case & define the ideal product(s) (How would an ideal service look like? Which thematic aspects are needed? Which analysis tools are required? Dashboard requirements/API …)
If you have any questions regarding the workshop, please contact via EO4Iworkshop@geoville.com
Source - www.geoville.com